Thursday, May 21, 2009

Popcorn

Well my computer got sick and got a full wipe. Feels good to start fresh. Went without it for awhile so I did some things that the computer would have otherwise prevented.
Watched 'No Country for Old Men', followed by 'Burn After Reading'. I've been a fan of theirs for only a short while now, after studying 'O Brother, Where Art Thou?'. The Coen brothers have drawn me in like no other producer/writer/director have. I feel I notice what's in the frame more carefully, the movement of the camera and especially the dialogue when watching their movies.
I'm still mentally digesting 'No Country for Old Men' so I won't speak about it just yet, maybe after another viewing. I have something to say about 'Burn After Reading' though. Much like other Coen films, I can't outrightly say how good it is, I definitely love it, I just can't exactly explain why.
Brad Pitt...wow...wow. It's like he's taken a risk in playing the character but he's played it so believably, and all I saw was an extravagant teen boy in Brad Pitt. The 'dehydration' dialogue in Linda's (McDormand) apartment is pure gold in my opinion, much like many other of the Coen's dialogue creations. Like an undercurrent to the pressing issue at hand, all Chad (Pitt) is concerned about is being re hydrated from his bike ride. I love it. Also, the scene when Chad meets Osbourne in his car is hilarious.
I would have liked to have seen the relationship between Linda and her gym manager evolve further than it did, but in the Coen brothers, I place my trust.

In other news, finally got around to play Little Big Planet. Love the game.

No comments: