Monday, May 25, 2009

Fargo

Watched Fargo today. Going through a phase here where I'm discovering my love for cinema again. And the Coen brothers are the catalyst. I've always heard of Fargo, but never got around to watching it because I didn't think I'd enjoy it. It was time.
I enjoyed watching McDormand's role here in contrast to the 'crazy' Linda in Burn After Reading. And omg, she isn't the same lady from Desperate Housewives! Wow, I was so convinced.
I really, really enjoyed Marge's (McDormand) and Norm's marriage in the movie. The type of relationship they have is pretty much set in the first scene we see them in, with Marge smiling to herself when Norm offers to get out of bed early to 'fix her some eggs'. The conversation between them is by no means exciting at all for us, but it's everything for them and there's something appreciable in that. Watching them really makes you appreciate just 'being with' someone you love.

The characters' use of 'Oh yah?' and 'Yah' is going to make it into my daily speech from now on. I laughed listening to this movie, the execution of the 'yahs' are just superb. I just hope I can pull off the same pronounciation.
Overall, I can't say that the movie is x/5 stars off the bat. I don't like to rate movies as such either as well. I'll just say that it's like a car crash happening in slow motion, you sort of know what's going to happen and you don't mind taking a ride with the characters as everything goes wrong. (Bad analogy is bad mmmkay) It's a good movie.

No comments: