Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hetero Metro

I haven't been out to town for a while. By that I mean going out and having drinks and a biggish night on a Friday/Saturday night etc. And I was glad I went out last night, being dragged by a good friend.
Now I wore a plain white long sleeve shirt with fake buttons at the collar that had a small cut into the chest so that some of my chest hair was showing :D. Suffice to say that I've gotten into good shape of late and put on a lot of muscle mass in my upper body so it looked really good on me. I feared that it was too good and I asked my friend if I was dressing too metrosexual. He and I are really aware of this phenomenon and after a laughable 2 minutes standing in the car park, I decided it was just a $14 dollar white shirt, and we went on our way to meet a group of friends.

An hour passed, and after compliments about my shape and a few beers, the pub/club started to fill up and some more friends of ours showed up. That was the point where all my fears of me being too metrosexual disappeared. Two friends of ours were wearing cardigans over their tees, tight jeans and ridiculously overpriced leather shoes. And were constantly attending to their hair every 2 minutes. Apparantly the ratio of exposed forehead to non-exposed forehead had to be tended to by using two hands to simultaneously spike the top hair and fringe the front hair.
Now I've known these boys for a long time since high school, we're all tough, we play footy, but why was it that I couldn't stop thinking of them as girls? Like...seriously, is this what it's come to now? Granted I'm very late on noting on this but, is this what girls these days are attracted to? Feminine, not just feminine but ridiculously feminine guys?

This trend was seen often throughout the night as i saw cardigan after cardigan. If they were actually fashionable and not just part of the/a trend, i'd be fine with it. But they're not.
Too.
Far.

No comments: